Deus Cafe, Camperdown

I love bikes, motorbikes that is. The slickness, the versatility, the speed, and the wind blowing on my face and hair as I ride the bike. I know it can be dangerous but I love the convenience and well the speed! I do blame my Dad for this obsession, he used to pick me up from school on his motorbike when I was young in Indonesia. It was many years ago but funnily it is one memory that I do remember clearly. Owning my bike was my biggest joy, unfortunately, age and ‘mature-ness’ made me give it up.

Located on Parramatta Road, Deus Cafe has been on my place to visit for a while now, every time we drive past, I would say ‘let’s go there’. Not only to check out the bikes of course, but to eat. I love the long communal wooden tables, the warehouse feel and the large paintings and pictures inside.

Came here with one of my dearest friends, B, it was a mid-week brunch and the place was busy! Started with our coffee, flat white and cappuccino.

B opted for scramble eggs with asparagus, mushrooms, avocado, bacon served with toast ($20). I have never seen B eat eggs, she usually always order muesli so this was a first! The eggs were creamy and the asparagus and mushrooms cooked to perfection.

I couldn’t go past the dill cured salmon and creamy scrambled eggs and brioche ($16). The scrambled eggs were oh so creamy, and the cured salmon with dill and watercress was a wonderful complement. The brioche absolutely delightful! It was a lot more substantial that I thought, and oh so delicious!

It’s very cozy, can get very rowdy when busy, very child friendly, and service is very minimal. You order at the counter, take a number and food will be delivered to your table.

As always, it was lovely catching up with the lovely and gorgeous B. Unfortunately I didn’t have a look at the bikes that day, but did return a couple of days later with a fellow bike lover! Didn’t buy anything, although, was very tempted, perhaps next time!

Deus cafe is open for dinner from Wednesday to Saturday from 6pm onwards. The menu does look pretty tasty! Deus has opened another cafe in Surry Hills, it is a lot smaller, I have yet to visit but no doubt I will in the near future.

Deus Cafe

98 Parramatta Rd

Camperdown 2050

Deus Cafe on Urbanspoon

1. July 13, 2011 at 12:54 am

Ha ha, the guy in your picture has green undies on and an inch of bum showing – why don’t boys pull their pants up properly! I’ve been here before for coffee – and liked it a lot (though there were HEAPS of kids/mums/prams the day I visit – chaos)!

• July 13, 2011 at 1:56 am

LOL yes I noticed that but i am with you – i dont udnerstand either. coffee was good, food is pretty good too :) i can imagine it would be chaos on weekends!

2. July 13, 2011 at 9:00 am

One of my favorite brekky spots in town! And I do love picturing myself on one of those sexy bikes as well :)

• July 13, 2011 at 9:07 am

Hey G :) definitely keen to go back and check out the sexy bikes! afraid i might buy one though!

3. Mel
    July 14, 2011 at 2:58 am

you have to have the boston beans with poached egg & toulouse (?) sausage next time. one of my all time fav brekkie meals ever!!! oh and if you want to splurge, ask them for toasted brioche on the side instead of the sourdough :)

btw: one of the baristas there is indo…works weekends i think

• July 14, 2011 at 5:12 am

oooo i saw that on the menu but didnt get it – will get it next time! really do like it :)

is the indo baristas cute? LOL

4. July 16, 2011 at 12:27 am

I can see that you are having great fun with your pictures haha

5. July 16, 2011 at 3:24 am

One of the best cafes in Sydney.
    An absolute favourite of mine and I have to agree with Mel, the Toulouse Sausage is spectacular and just so full of flavour.

Great pictures of the bikes.

• July 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm

hey purplesquint, thanks for dropping by! will definitely have to try the Toulouse sausage next time i am there!