Home > Breakfast, Coffee, Syd: Surry Hills, Sydney > Farmer Jo, Surry Hills

Farmer Jo, Surry Hills

Farmer Jo – ‘want me, eat me, love me’ – breakfast indulgence! I love muesli for breakfast, and when I heard about the new hole-in-the-wall cafe serving muesli, coffee and toast, I had to visit!

Sally Tulloch and family is behind ‘Farmer Jo’. Her husband is a coffee distributor for Molinari and the brother, whom B and I had a lovely chat with grinds the beans and made the lovely bircher I had that day.

It’s a small cafe, not many seats, just a couple of bench (which is apparently from Remy and Lee’s) and a couple of milk crates outside. Menu is also quite limited, different types of muesli and sourdough with a selection of marmalade and banana bread.

Farmer Jo roasts all the nuts, dry the coconut and fruit themselves. They roast the muesli on the premises as well and as we walked past, we could smell the wonderful aroma. The muesli are sold in five different containers, using all natural ingredients. There are little cups with muesli in them that you can sample before buying.

I opt for the bircher muesli with green apple and muscatel ($6) – have to say – LOVED! They ran out, and the brother kindly made me one on the spot and it was absolutely fantastic and delicious.

B opt for the apple topped with yogurt – it was good but my bircher was infinitely better!

We couldn’t help but share a gluten-free chocolate brownie ($3) with our coffee and it was deliciously tasty.

Cute little spot, no doubt we will be back for some muesli / bircher fix!

Farmer Jo

45 Hutchinson Street

Surry Hills 2010

Farmer Jo on Urbanspoon

1. September 16, 2011 at 12:39 am

YUM YUM Farmer jo muesli!! I LOVE the burnt fig, cinnamon and almond one! Have a bag in my drawer at work!

• September 16, 2011 at 7:05 am

i wanted the burnt fig, cinnamon and almond one but they ran out so i got the pear, ginger one and thats not too bad! had it for brekkie this morning :)

2. September 16, 2011 at 1:42 am

What cute little tubs! Never even heard of Hutchinson Street – thanks for the heads up!

• September 16, 2011 at 7:04 am

hey tina, i didnt even know where that was either! lol and i live in the area… whoops!

3. September 16, 2011 at 1:44 am

I didn’t know they had a shop, I’ve tasted their products in the Eveleigh farmers market, good stuff.

• September 16, 2011 at 7:03 am

hey lateraleating :) ya its new – they have been open for about 10 weeks i think? its good! got my muesli there the other there too….

4. September 18, 2011 at 1:18 am

This place looks great! I totally love granola and muesli. Also it’s so good to find a place with heaps of breakfast options without eggs (which I know makes me an insane person, but I don’t like)

• September 18, 2011 at 2:46 am

hey spicy ice cream! you should definitely check it out! i love granola, muesli and bircher!

1. November 8, 2011 at 11:30 pm