Home > Asian, Modern Australian, Syd: Surry Hills, Sydney, Takeaway > Little H, Surry Hills

Little H, Surry Hills

Little H is the little sister of Bar H. It’s certainly has been a long time since my last visit to Bar H. Little H is only open from Monday to Friday from 11.30am – 2.30pm and is limited to takeaway only.

The menu is very Asian centric – I have heard wonderful things about their pork burger with fennel and mint ($12), Little H’s signature dish apparently. The pork were frigging tasty, it was succulent and had a lovely taste to it. The bun I thought could be better but the fennel and mint was a wonderful complement and overall it wasn’t too bad.

The deep-fried silken tofu with caramelised tomato sauce ($13) is silky smooth, a little bit like agedashi tofu, however, I found the caramelised tomato sauce a little too rich for my liking.

I was tempted to get the deep-fried chicken wings with Sichuan pepper but thought that would be overkill and even the bbq pork with noodles sounded great. However, I knew I wouldn’t be able to finish it all which means, another visit is in order.

Dessert ($8) – sago with fresh figs and drizzled with delicious caramel. It was so hard to stop at one mouthful, it was just THAT good!

Another great option for lunch in the Surry Hills hood! Boy I am going to miss this place! Here’s the menu when I went…

GA’s ratings: 7.5 / 10

Little H

80 Campbell Street

Surry Hills 2010

Ph: +61 2 9280 1980

Bar H on Urbanspoon

1. May 24, 2012 at 5:55 am

I wish we had something like this (or this exactly really) near my work.

2. May 24, 2012 at 8:48 am

Oh wow this looks delish.!

3. May 24, 2012 at 7:29 pm

That sago looks yummy. Fig is my favourite, couldn’t imagine how it’s like with sago. Is the fig soft for this one? I found the Turkey figs are quite hard. not sure where those figs are from for this dish.

• May 25, 2012 at 5:49 am

Hey Par-lor… the figs were really soft. not sure what kind of figs they were but they were good! it was such a yummy dessert

4. May 25, 2012 at 2:54 am

Love the sago and figs!!

5. May 27, 2012 at 7:10 am

I’ve never thought of having figs with sago, such an interesting combination, I’m sure it tasted totally delicious…

• May 28, 2012 at 12:28 am

hey jenny, it was really good! the whole combination was just nice and refreshing!

6. May 27, 2012 at 11:55 am

Oh my! That dessert looks amazingly good! Fig anything is going to be on my wishlist but pairing it with sago and caramel is brilliant :)

• May 28, 2012 at 12:28 am

hey lorraine – it sure is! so dangerous that its near home, cause i have the urge to swing by and get some!

7. May 27, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I suppose it’s a good thing I don’t work around that area. I’d be eating out somehwere new everyday! haha