Home > Breakfast, Cafe, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Syd: Waterloo, Sydney > Kepos Street Kitchen, Waterloo, Sydney

Kepos Street Kitchen, Waterloo, Sydney

Oh my how I have missed the café scene in Sydney. Rocking up to a café, having breakfast with your friends, and having a very good meal and coffee! You don’t get that at all in Hong Kong – unless I have been going to the wrong places then please let me know!

I was catching up with one of my dearest friends, and we both have read about Kepos Street Kitchen, which is located on Kepos Street (doh!) where Strangers by Candy used to be. The chef behind Kepos Street Kitchen is Michael Rantisi ex Bathers’ Pavilion. Kepos Street Kitchen is opened for breakfast and lunch and the menu has a Middle Eastern twist to it. I had perused the menu quite extensively before going, and knew exactly what I wanted.

It was a bright and gorgeous day, I love the brightness of the café inside, it was tiny though, and I think you would struggle to get a table for more than 4. Thankfully I didn’t have to wait too long and got a table in less than 10 mins!

I couldn’t resist the mocktail – pomegranate mojito, I love the redness of the drink, it was refreshing and perfect for the gorgeous day.

M had the soy latte which she enjoyed.

I couldn’t go past the zucchini fritters with dill, smoked salmon and poached egg ($18). The fritters were a little salty for my liking but it was still quite delicious – moist and soft, and the poached egg oozed with yolk – how I missed a simple poached egg!

M couldn’t go past the ajeah – open herb omelette, kipfler potatoes, chorizo, sourdough ($16). This was simple but yet delicious.

Service was good considering how busy it was that day and food delicious. I saw someone order the dad’s favourite breaky – falafel, hummus, balneh, dukkah, hardboiled egg, tomato salad and schiacciata bread – it looked FANTASTIC! Will have to order that next time I am back!

Great café, I sure have missed the café scene!

GA’s ratings: 7.5 / 10

Kepos Street Kitchen

96 Kepos Street

Waterloo 2017

Kepos Street Kitchen on Urbanspoon

1. November 25, 2012 at 10:46 pm

welcome home! i love this place! we felt that the fritters were also a little heavy handed salt wise… but other than that, great place.

• November 26, 2012 at 11:23 pm

thanks uncle kewpie! ya mine was a little salty but was still ok. i really do like the place. HK needs more places like this!

2. November 25, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Great photos! This looks like a yummy cafe and that mocktail looks so refreshing :)

3. November 25, 2012 at 11:37 pm

That ajeah does look fab! I hate it when you get food envy though lol happens to me all the time ;)

4. November 26, 2012 at 3:36 am

Love the post! I should get myself to Waterloo!!
    I agree…the cafe scene in hong kong/asia just isn’t the same is it? although it seems to be coming up very nicely in singapore now!
    Hope you enjoyed your trip back to Sydney!!

5. November 26, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Awesome post :) Looks delicious!

6. November 27, 2012 at 2:50 am

Hey! Welcome back! Sounds awesome, will have to pay them a visit.

• November 28, 2012 at 10:32 am

hey raff! thank you… just a whirl wind trip! missing your red velvet cupcakes though!

7. May 9, 2013 at 2:12 am

Mmm yum think I might try this place on the weekend! Just looked at their menu online and I was pretty sold by dad’s favourite breakfast. Yum! Thanks for sharing =)

8. March 10, 2014 at 10:43 am

I’ve been wanting to try this place out but unfortunately I haven’t found the time, I instead get pulled to other places but when I do go, I’ll make sure I get that pomegranate mojito and the omelette. Looks divine.

1. April 18, 2013 at 11:59 pm