Home > Asian, Korean, Sydney > NaruOne Korean Restaurant, Sydney

NaruOne Korean Restaurant, Sydney

I’ve heard so much about this restaurant, especially their fried chicken – claims to be the best in Sydney – that I had to try for myself. Who doesn’t love a good fried chicken? And I don’t mean the KFC fatty ones! Can you believe that I have not found KFC – Korean Fried Chicken in Hong Kong yet!!!!

N1_menu

NaruOne can be found on Pitt Street, just near where Madang is. We were here for one thing, but started with some banchan – it wasn’t a lot, most Korean restaurants have more but I loved the kimchi and Dragon loved the cucumber! Ha!

N1_sides

We ordered the kimchi pancake – it was ok I thought, definitely have had better.

N1_pancake

The fried chicken we ordered half half, half normal and half sweet and spicy sauce. Oh emmm geeee it is undoubtedly one of the BEST Korean fried chicken I have ever had, especially the normal one! It was crunchy and the chicken meat was moist and tender – I could have easily eaten a whole plate on my own, I kid you not. The sweet and spicy sauce was nice, but the normal was definitely my favourite!!

N1_chicken

We also ordered the braised beef short ribs which come with a choice of either mild or hot sauce. We opt for the mild version and it was absolutely delicious. The beef ribs were tender, and the sweet potato noodles were a wonderful compliment. Underneath all the ‘greens’ there are actually beef short ribs!

N1_beef

Service efficient, and although they do not take reservations we did not have a problem in getting a table. Food came relatively quickly and most importantly, the fried chicken was finger licking good! Definitely will be coming back for more KFC!

NaruOne Korean Restaurant

375 Pitt Street

Sydney, 2000

Ph: +61 2 9261 2680

NaruOne Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Categories: Asian, Korean, Sydney Tags: , ,
  1. April 11, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Try the one spring onion next time….gosh it’s sooooo good! I miss it so much here…Singapore has Korean KFC chain called Nene chicken, I’m sure HK should hv.something similar :)

2. Tina @ bitemeshowme
    April 11, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Definitely the best KFC I’ve had to date. So crispy, even when it’s cold (too busy talking). hahaha. I really liked the sweet and spicy chicken too. The flavour just kept me going back for more!

3. April 12, 2013 at 12:45 am

Woohoo! You made it to Naruone! The shallot version is my fave because it comes with the most awesome mustard soy dipping sauce. I love the way you’re attacking all the latest hotspots in a whirlwind of eating.

4. April 12, 2013 at 1:12 am

This is the only place I’ve had “real KFC” and I loved it – the shallot one is the BEST. Wasn’t a fan of the sticky one either. It’s also the first time I’ve had a kimchi pancake and I quite liked it (don’t like kimchi so was surprised I liked this dish).

5. April 12, 2013 at 6:33 am

Looove the fried chicken here!

6. April 12, 2013 at 2:08 pm

You were lucky to get fried chicken – I’ve been amazed to hear that sometimes they run out! And I’m impressed by the efficiency of your whirlwind Sydney eating while you’re back :)

• April 14, 2013 at 10:40 am

hahahah well i am only here for a short time so must try everything before i go!

7. April 13, 2013 at 11:17 am

YUM, their original chicken is the best. Crunchy, not oily, it’s fantastic!

8. April 16, 2013 at 10:32 am

We had the half and half chicken and the beef ribs last time too! The only two things I’d return for ;)

1. April 14, 2013 at 9:49 pm