Home > Baking, Desserts, Recipe, Recipe: Desserts > Blog’s 1st Anniversary.

Blog’s 1st Anniversary.

Time flies when you are having fun. It’s been a year since I started this blog. I toyed with the idea for such a long time but thanks to two lovely friends for encouraging me to start. I have met some wonderful friends in Hong Kong, and how can I forget my dearest SK – you know who you are and others who doesn’t have a foodblog but enjoy eating as much as I do.

I would also like to say a special THANK YOU to my dear soccer friend, P, who came up with the name of this blog. It was too catchy and unique for me not to take it! THANK YOU!

I have eaten at some unforgettable places and some not so memorable places. Have met some wonderful long life friends through food blogging. Have discovered the meaning of food, its culture, the efforts behind it. Have gained a few kgs, a little rounder, a little fatter and increasing cholesterol level which I may have to do something about soon.

Thanks for all your support yo. I know how painful it can be when dining with me – no one is allowed to touch their plates until I have taken a zillion photos! I have always wanted to share my experiences of food with others. I know we all have different palates, and what I love may not be for everyone. However, I still do enjoy sharing them with you.

Many thanks for the laughter, the tears of joy, the good times, and here’s to many more delicious goodness we are about to consume!

Thought to ‘celebrate’ I would make some scones, as I have been craving them and nothing beats fresh-from-the-oven scones!

Basic Scones (from women’s weekly ‘bake’ book)

Preparation time: 20 mins, cooking time 25 times, makes 20.

4 cups (600g) self raising flour

2 tablespoons icing sugar

60 g butter, chopped coarsey

1.5 cups (375ml) milk

¾ cup (180ml) water, approximately

• Preheat oven to 220 degrees fan-forced. Grease 20cm x 30 cm lamington pan
  • Sift flour and sugar into large bowl, rub in butter with fingerprints
  • Make a wel in centre of flour mixture, add milk and almost all the water. Use knife to ‘cut’ the milk and water through the flour mixture, mixing to a soft, sticky dough. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth
  • Press dough out to 2cm thickness. I used a star shapped cutter to make these. Cut as many as you can from piece of dough. Place scones, side by side, just touching in pan.
  • Gently knead scraps of dough together, repeat pressing and cutting of dough, place in same pan.
  • Brush tops with a little extra milk
  • Bake scones about 15 minutes or until browned and scones sound hollow when tapped firmly on the top with fingers.
  • Served with jam and cream

1. February 26, 2011 at 12:38 am

congratulations on the milestone. u should calculate the number of calories and pat yourself on the back for staying in such great shape!

• February 26, 2011 at 12:44 am

i do not dare to be honest. i am afraid to go for my bi-annual check up! my mother would say i ‘should be thinner’!

2. February 26, 2011 at 1:22 am

Happy 1st blog birthday! Isn’t it great to see how much delicious food you manage to consume in a year? And, more importantly, remembering the significant people with which you shared the food?

Here’s to more yummy eats in the year ahead!

• February 26, 2011 at 1:25 am

thanks for dropping by mademoiselle 🙂 you are truly right! have met some wonderful friends and have enjoyed wonderful meals with old long life friends.. its been an amazing journey! and here’s to more yummy eats 🙂

3. fluffy
    February 26, 2011 at 4:48 am

Happy blogversary!

If only I could update my blog as much as you do 😛 Too lazy lol

4. Kevin
    February 26, 2011 at 10:05 am

Fantastic!! It’s always a good read. Congrat’s on ur first anniversary. Make sure the waistline doesn’t accumulate, like the anniversaries!! 🙂

• February 26, 2011 at 10:51 am

thanks for your support kev! i am sure if the waistline accumulate you will have a ‘quiet’ word 🙂
      hope to see you sometime soon! xx

5. February 26, 2011 at 10:47 am

It takes dedication to reach your first blogversary, so congrats!

• February 26, 2011 at 10:52 am

thanks Joey! ya – i didnt think i would make it but did manage to surprise myself 🙂

6. Lil
    February 26, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Congratulations! I’ve enjoyed reading your blog.

7. February 27, 2011 at 4:41 am

congrats on your blog 1st anniversary! i look forward to reading more!

8. February 28, 2011 at 1:18 am

Congrats!!! p.s that hamburger up top looks ah-mazing!

9. February 28, 2011 at 8:36 am

Congratulations! So fantastic to have met you too 🙂 Pretty rad how all this blogging/social media hooha turned out, hey?

• February 28, 2011 at 9:06 am

thanks e_ting! it has been awesome knowing you… hopefully will see you soon!

10. February 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Bloggers friends have to be the most patient, understanding and supportive people in the world!
    Congratulations and Happy Anniversary, heres to many more years of delicious meals!

• February 28, 2011 at 10:18 pm

hey gianna – you are not wrong there! its the common theme we have – the love for food 🙂 thanks for dropping by!