Home > American, Barbeque, Modern Australian, Ribs, Syd: Ryde, Sydney > Hurricane’s Bar and Grill, Top Ryde

Hurricane’s Bar and Grill, Top Ryde

This place requires no introduction at all. This is the third Hurricanes restaurant and it is probably the fanciest and biggest one thus far! It is located in the Top Ryde City Shopping Centre, outside in the new area call ‘La Strada’. I have dined at both the Bondi Beach and Darling Harbour restaurant, so when Hurricane’s opened at Top Ryde, we were all keen to try the new branch. The crowds clearly haven’t diminished; it is still as busy as ever. We had reservations at 6pm (it was the only time that they could fit us in!) and by about 7.30pm the place was packed and people queuing and waiting to get in.

The bar is bigger than that of Darling Harbour, the place looks a little fancier but the food is still as good as the other two branches.

We started with the complimentary bread, warm with crusty exterior and soft, fluffy on the inside.

Eaten with my new love of butter brand – luprak! It was delicious, I had to refrain from eating too much bread as I was looking forward to the ribs!

The moment of truth – THREE FULL RACKS of pork ribs ($36 each)!!!! There were 6 of us, so half a rack each.

It was humongous! The ribs were so juicy, and tender – they were finger licking good!

We also got a serving of Mediterranean Salad ($19.00) with kalamata olives, feta cheese, capsicum and our Mediterranean dressing. Chunks of feta cheese, the dressing was scrumptiously good!

I was stuffed, top button of jeans undone, and could not fit any desserts in! I still think it is one of the best pork ribs in Sydney! Although, Cafe Ish’s beef ribs are superbly tender, and succulent and will give Hurricane’s a run for its money. The sauce is just too addictive, I could definitely drink it by the bowl – or maybe not?

Thanks O for the lovely meal! Top Ryde is a whole lot closer for the family than either Bondi or Darlinghurst. Top Ryde Shopping Centre reopened in 2010, it’s not a place I go visit often, but with all the new eateries at ‘La Strada’, and the not-so-new opened cinemas, that’s a good enough reason for me to go back!

GA’s ratings: 7.5 / 10

Hurricane’s Bar and Grill

Top Ryde Shopping Centre

Corner of Devlin Street and Blaxland Road

Ryde 2112

Hurricane's Grill & Bar on Urbanspoon

1. May 25, 2011 at 12:26 am

I have never eaten at hurricanes, but every time I walk over the bridge at darling harbour the smell coming from there is so good

2. May 25, 2011 at 2:01 am

Ooh I love Hurricane’s! I’ve only had the one in Darling Harbour though.

I’ll be sure to try the one at Top Ryde. Reservations essential I presume?

• May 25, 2011 at 3:25 am

hey tammi thanks for dropping by! yes… reservation is essential! especially on weekends 🙂

3. May 25, 2011 at 3:19 am

loooooove hurricanes! the top ryde restaurant is heaps closer to me woot!

4. May 25, 2011 at 4:21 am

So glad that there is finally a Hurricane’s closer to home for me. Don’t let Josh here you say that his ribs are not as good tho – he knows where you live right? I always order a salad with this type of food as it makes me feel slightly healthy…

• May 25, 2011 at 4:24 am

hey mel, i dont think i meant to say his ribs are no good – Josh’s beef ribs are fantastic!!!!! he knows how much i love his beef ribs!

5. May 25, 2011 at 8:52 am

I drive past top ryde all the time.. maybe it’s time to stop in!

6. May 25, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I find the Hurricanes sauce can be to sweet and cloying… just me??
    Doesn’t mean I don’t love a full rack and knife in front of me though… 😉

7. April 5, 2012 at 9:34 am

I just love the fillet of tenderloin with peppercorn sauce. Drool!