Home > Indonesia, Indonesia: Bali, Travelling > Bali here I come…

Bali here I come…

It’s been almost 3 years since my last visit to Bali and I can’t remember the number of times ‘The Mother’ and I have been. I first took ‘The Mother’ to Bali when we first started dating and has fallen in love ever since! He even wanted Bali to be our last honeymoon destination and what a brilliant idea that was after a whirl-wind trip! Swimming in our own private pool, sipping cocktails and eating wonderful food!

The first time I took ‘The Mother’ to Indonesia, I think it was a shock to his system! Bad traffic, bad pollution and a horrendous amount of people – ‘The Mother’ just doesn’t like crowds! Also, it is not the cleanness place, so he had the Indonesian belly! I think the highlight though would be the road trip from Malang to Bali, and stopping mid-way at Gunung Bromo, an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif in East Java Indonesia. My wonderful Aunt and Uncle, took their kids (my cousins) and us and have to say, we had an AWESOME time! The view was just spectacular and we got up at a ridiculous time to watch the sunrise – well worth it!

For those who knows me well, will know that I have created a list of food that I would like to eat. Since I am going to just Bali and not all the food and snacks are the same in Indonesia, I have given that list to my parents and cousins who has outsourced to my aunts and uncle all over Indonesia to buy! God Bless them!

My passticerie cousin is getting married in Bali and I have been looking forward to it since the day she told me! She made my gorgeous wedding cake below – and the figurine too! No dear cousin, I will not be returning the favour and making your wedding cake! BUT I will see you soon.

So… Bali here I come! I am so looking forward to the food, no doubt there will be a lots of food consumed, especially the suckling pig at Ibu Oka. Looking forward to a bit of sun (ok a lot of sun and warm weather!), reading, R&R and catching up with the family.

See you all when I get back! May do a quick post whilst in Bali… we’ll see!

1. September 20, 2011 at 9:55 am

Have a great time! I love Bali and that suckling pig is delicious! πŸ™‚

• September 21, 2011 at 12:26 am

thanks lorraine! i am looking forward to the suckling pig and seeing friends of course πŸ™‚

2. Anna M
    September 20, 2011 at 1:07 pm

wow, thanks for the awesome photos…they are really beautiful. Loved the figurines…so cute xo I’d love to go to Bali, but am afraid of the “clean” factor…but now I’m convinced there is genuine beauty in the area.. xo

• September 21, 2011 at 12:27 am

hey anna – there are some wonderful places in Indonesia – i’d avoid jakarta as its just busy but gunung bromo, yogjakarta is really nice!

3. September 21, 2011 at 12:28 am

have a safe and delicious trip!

4. September 21, 2011 at 4:26 am

Stunning photos, makes me want to go. Have fun πŸ™‚

5. September 21, 2011 at 6:50 am

so crap that shitstar failed on you but dont let that bother you on your trip! have fun!

6. September 22, 2011 at 3:53 am

ooh! the cake topper is the cutest!! love your pics! have a spectacular time!

7. February 25, 2012 at 6:07 am

Bali is one of my family’s favorit place. We love the beach, people, culture and the food!