Bali…

After a rocky start to Bali, as jetstar cancelled our flight, I was finally off to Bali the next evening. It was a fantastic holiday, I didn’t do a lot of sightseeing this time round, ate well and attended one of the best wedding this year!

The wedding was excellent – venue was AMAZING – St Regis did not disappoint! You see those ‘picture perfect’ wedding in magazines and pamphlets and it was just that. It was picturesque, the food was one of the best I have had and very intimate! Congrats again dear cousin!

Now, the food – where should I start? I will do a separate post for each. I ate my way around Bali in search of the perfect babi guling (suckling pig)! It is their specialty, succulent meat and crispy crackle. Each ‘warung’ (very low-key food stall) serves babi guling differently. I ate babi guling FIVE straight days (and I was in Bali for seven!) completely OD’ed and could not eat babi guling anymore. The best I thought was at Ibu Oka which is in Ubud – it totally hit the spot! Warung Pak Ketut Dobiel in Nusa Dua wasn’t too bad either.

To say I ate well is an understatement!

I am already missing my private pool, the breakfast buffet, and the family!

More posts on Bali eateries coming up!

1. September 29, 2011 at 3:37 am

welcome home! crapStar sucks, but hey, at least it all worked out for you in the end! v envious of your jet set, eat-all-the-time lifestyle! heheh… anyways, hope u came back with some colour…unlike all of us ‘pale faces’!

• September 29, 2011 at 3:43 am

thanks uncle! ya – crapstar is pretty crappy! a little tanned but have not been able to stop sneezing! whats with the weather huh?

2. Lil
    September 29, 2011 at 4:33 am

Wow it all looks so amazing!! I’m so envious right now!

3. September 29, 2011 at 4:35 am

What a timely post. I am headi there in 3 weeks time and looking forward to all your eating posts in Bali. I am already dreaming of Babi Guling…….

• September 29, 2011 at 6:25 am

hey Ellie – love bali! didn’t get to eat at all the places I wanted too but will send you an email! hope you have an awesome time in bali with the fam!

4. September 29, 2011 at 4:40 am

omg so many food!

• September 29, 2011 at 6:24 am

hey miss puffi – that doesnt include snacks! hahaah may have to join u in the ‘diet’

5. September 29, 2011 at 10:13 am

Wah awesome lots of food can’t wait for the post soon !

6. September 30, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Hahahaha, love the grid pics of all the food you ate! Your post and pics made me miss Bali – need to go back soon and DEFINITELY need to try the roast pork – looks amazing!

• October 1, 2011 at 12:54 am

hey suzchef! let me know when you want to go back…. i will go with you! i’m already missing the food and the people of course 🙂