Home > Asian, Chinese, Dim Sum, Sydney > Palace Chinese Restaurant, Sydney

Palace Chinese Restaurant, Sydney

Possibly one of my favourite yum cha places, Palace Chinese Restaurant, which is north of Park Street, nowhere near Chinatown, but in the CBD area. I have had many work / friend lunches here during the week, and every visit has been excellent. I was catching up with a dear friend, S for lunch on Saturday, we were both craving for yum cha and I suggested this place. We rocked up at 11 am and the place was relatively empty, no waiting around thankfully.

Started with my favourite shrimp and chives dumplings, gow choi gau, I love the strong Chinese chives flavour. The pastry I thought was a little thick and gooey, I have definitely have had better, but still wasn’t too bad.

Delicious plump and juicy prawn dumplings, ha gaau, delicately steamed, a must have when going to yum cha!

Scallops dumplings, another favourite of mine and these were superb!

BBQ pork bun, char siu baau, this totally hit the spot.

We also ordered chicken feet, fung jeow, not for everyone, but I do love the silky skin, the softness of the bones, and the sauce…. it’s not yum cha if we don’t order chicken feet! (forgot to take a photo! doh!)

For dessert, we both couldn’t go past the egg tart, daan taat, served warm, the pastry was crunchy and deliciously flaky and the egg custard filing was rich and divine. LOVE!

Service friendly and efficient, the whole meal ended up being $25 pp. Yum Cha is not as cheap as it used to be, but I certainly do crave for it once every couple of months! Obviously the more people you go with, the more food you can try. I say we did pretty well with just two people.

GA’s ratings: 7.5 / 10

Palace Chinese Restaurant

Shop 38, Level 1, 133 – 145 Castlereagh Street

Sydney 2000

Palace Chinese on Urbanspoon

1. November 2, 2011 at 1:54 am

Seafood-based dumplings…they are my favorites!! Looking at your pics make me wanna have dim sum now!
    Hmmm, I must mark down this restaurant when I go to Sydney…yeayyy!:D

• November 2, 2011 at 6:44 am

i was craving for dim sum again today but thought i would wait a little bit longer! definitely worth the visit!

2. November 2, 2011 at 4:06 am

My husband LOVES chook feet – I only the other don’t care for them (at all). Perhaps he should come along with you next time (we both love egg tarts though)!

3. Suz
    November 2, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Aaah it was so good… Your pics and post make me want yum cha all over again!

4. November 2, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Yup, Palace is awesome for CBD yum cha; though honestly, I’m yet to try the refurbed Sky Phoenix or Fat Buddha…

• November 3, 2011 at 12:31 am

neither have i, but i havent heard glowing reviews about the refurbed sky phoenix and Fat Buddha…

5. November 9, 2011 at 5:48 am

Haha I reckon you guys did an awesome job! I dont know where you put it all 😉

• November 10, 2011 at 6:33 am

Hey Nic 🙂 we thought so too…. oh i hide it well! its there.. in the stomach.. all of it 🙂

1. November 24, 2011 at 12:00 am