Home > Birthday, Desserts, Snacks, Sydney > Dragon’s 1st Birthday

Dragon’s 1st Birthday

I can’t believe that Dragon is one years old! Where did the past 12 months go? On the weekend, we celebrated Dragon’s birthday. It was really more for the adults than her really, an excuse for the adults to have a get together and eat good food, and indeed we did have good food!

P1210428

I’d like to thank Angie, who made Dragon’s brilliant birthday cake! I think when I first asked her about it, she was a little shocked or sceptical. I am pretty sure she thought I was MAD! She wanted me to make balls of cakes? But she was brilliant, and I was SO happy with the end result so THANK YOU again! It was absolutely delicious also!

DSC_4364

Here’s what we had to eat…

P1210589

Started with chicken spring rolls and spinach and ricotta triangles

P1210532

Yummy quiche Lorraine

P1210534

Ayam telor bali, chicken and egg Balinese style

P1210536

Perkedel – mashed potatoes with spices such as shallots, garlic, and white pepper

P1210539

Empal daging, spicy beef

P1210540

Ati ampela – now this is not for everyone but definitely my favourite!

P1210541

You can’t have a birthday celebration without noodles for longevity

P1210545

Ikan ibis, which I couldn’t have but definitely a favourite of mine!

P1210546

The tupeng – yellow turmeric rice with vegies and meat. You take the top one for the birthday person.

P1210590

And I didn’t take a photo of mum’s rendang as well as the bakso goreng which were a hit!

My favourite dessert, kelepon which a dear friend of mum’s made! I love these!!! Can’t remember how many of these I ate, but definitely enough to go to the gym every single day (twice a day) this week!

IMG_4023[1]

Apple strudel which was served with ice cream!

P1210529

There were plenty other desserts which I forgot to take photos off, including pudding and other Indonesian desserts! And of course, the birthday girl’s cake – chocolate mud cake! It was absolutely superb! The reaction on Dragon’s face was unforgettable and absolutely epic! It was the reaction that we all wanted, so many thanks again Angie for the awesome cake!

DSC_4357

Happy 1st birthday Dragon – hope you had a great time and thank you to all my family and friends for celebrating this special occasion. And a BIG thank you to my uncle for the photos!

DSC_4245

Hope you all had an awesome weekend!

1. April 14, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Happy birthday Dragon!

2. April 14, 2013 at 11:08 pm

shes getting cuter everyday! those trademark cheeks!

3. grabyourfork
    April 15, 2013 at 12:05 am

Nawww happy birthday Dragon! I love her cheongsam. What a gorgeous colour, and I think I’d be standing by the kelepon table too! And Angie did an awesome job with the cake!

• April 16, 2013 at 11:06 am

thank you! ya Angie definitely did an awesome job on the cake. lol i did stand by the kelepon! made sure mum saved some for me also 🙂

4. Tina @ bitemeshowme
    April 15, 2013 at 12:18 am

Aww Happy Birthday dragon. Can’t believe you’re 1 already. Looks like it was a feast of a celebration! So much good food! And love that last photo – perfect way to end the post 🙂 x

5. April 15, 2013 at 12:54 am

Happy birthday Dragon – it’s been fun watching you grow up on Instagram!

6. April 15, 2013 at 10:39 am

Happy birthday again Emma! Haha yes, thought you were mad at first, but it was a fun project in the end and I’ll never forget her reaction when she saw the cake – you can’t put a price on that! 🙂 Thanks again for letting me be part of such a happy day, your family are just adorable! Haha especially when they started talking to me in Indo lol! And all that food!! Yum yum yum!!

• April 16, 2013 at 11:05 am

Thanks again Angie! Everyone was talking about the wonderful cake that you made! it was also very yummy!

1. December 30, 2013 at 2:38 pm